The Field Laborer is a motivated individual who will be a key player in the growth and evolution of Koncept Design + Build. The Field Laborer/Assistant Carpenter will be performing and overseeing a variety of janitorial and/or general labor tasks. These tasks will play a key role in helping to maintain a clean and safe environment on the Company’s residential construction job sites. This job involves working with our construction staff on a variety of remodeling and new construction projects. The skills, talents, and attention to detail performed by the Field Laborer will help the Company to achieve above average results in the market place. He/She will play a key role in providing the adequate manpower required to complete a variety of task throughout a construction project. Along with the Project Manager and Lead Carpenter, the Field Laborer/Assistant Carpenter will be an essential team member for completing projects efficiently and effectively with the highest level of quality and care possible.
- Clean, mop, wash, buff, and vacuum floors.
- Keep both interior and exterior of job sites clean daily.
- Daily yard and street clean up.
- Daily clean up and removal of trash on Jobs.
- Receive, organize and protect all delivered materials.
- Hauls job site material to appropriate places as needed.
- Request tools and materials required to complete task.
- Maintain all site controls and job safety requirements.
- Secure tools and job site prior to completion of work day.
- Participate in demolition activities.
- Operate basic power tools: impact drill, hammer drill, power drill, sawzall, grinder, sander, etc.
- Remove trees and debris.
- Mix and pour concrete and other similar materials.
- Dig trenches and holes.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete and/or dirt.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations on the job site.
- Erect temporary structures and scaffolding.
- Place traffic signs to warn traffic of construction in process.
- Pick up/drop off materials and tools to storage unit.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Manage their time to complete task efficiently, effectively, and correctly.
- Take initiative to start and complete task on their own.
- Must be able to multi-task, be hands on when needed, and work well with others.
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Follow Company standards and procedures.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Able to communicate via cell phone.
- Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with extreme dust and dirt.
- Able to perform tasks involving physical labor for residential construction activities.
- Must be able to use all related construction tools and equipment as instructed properly and safely.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Minor punch out work skills. (Chalking, painting, scraping, etc.)
- Report to manger daily on progress and completed tasks.
- Must be able to complete a daily time sheet documenting hours for tasks started and completed as they pertain to each Project the Company is working on.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ensures company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Always greet clients when on job site and be helpful to them when needed.
- Educational requirements of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years minimum prior residential construction job site labor experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Working with carpenters, field superintendents, project managers, sub-contractors, and building inspectors on a construction jobsite.
Tools and Equipment Requirements:
- Basic tools: hammer, tape measure, screw driver, utility knife, etc. Power tools are a plus.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, a truck is desirable.
- Cell phone with texting, camera, video recording, and GPS capabilities.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record is a must, CDL preferred but not required.
Compensation for the position:
- Includes a competitive base salary, paid holidays and eligibility for vacation (after 90 days), telephone and a vehicle allowance.
- Annual Salary $14 – $18/hour
When applying for this position please do the following:
- Email a resume in Word or PDF format showing the details of your experience to Ken@KonceptDB.com. Refer to your specific work experience as well as well as your trade skills. Please include your address, phone number and email. We are only accepting applicants via email. No phone calls please.