The Lead Carpenter is a motivated individual who will be joining the growing team and evolution of Koncept Design + Build. The Lead Carpenter will be performing a variety of onsite residential construction projects and assist the Field Superintendent with general labor tasks. The Lead Carpenter will possess strong communication, problem solving and decision-making skills. In addition, this person will have working knowledge and residential construction experience to enhance the quality and level of the Company’s work.
This job involves working with our construction staff on a variety of remodeling and new construction projects. The skills, talents, and attention to detail performed by the Lead Carpenter will help the Company to achieve above average results in the market place. He/She will play a key role in providing the adequate manpower required to complete a variety of task throughout a construction project. Along with Field Superintendent, the Lead Carpenter will be an essential team member for completing projects efficiently and effectively with the highest level of quality and care possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Field Superintendent in daily onsite operations and task driven assignments.
- Perform carpentry as project requires for expediency and fulfillment to include, but not be limited to: framing, drywall, demolition, finish details and painting
- Performing and closing out all project punch lists.
- Effectively communicate with the staff, clients and sub-contractors to ensure projects meet designated time lines, budgets and design standards.
- Receive, organize and protect all delivered materials.
- Request and / or deliver tools and materials required to complete task.
- Maintain all site controls, site cleanliness and job safety requirements.
- Secure tools and job site prior to completion of work day.
- Operate basic power tools: impact drill, hammer drill, power drill, sawzall, grinder, sander, etc.
- Utilize mobile and computer systems daily to correctly document job site notes.
- Assist CEO as assigned.
- Reporting and logging work hours and task on individual jobs.
Along with 5 years of experience in the industry, it is important for the Lead Carpenter to have a strong sense of urgency and to take ownership of their work. A working and technical knowledge of the residential construction process and all major trades will be required for this position’s success. Through organization, skills and experience the Lead Carpenter will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a superb construction experience to all our clients.
Additional duties will involve closing out projects punch lists, checking all material deliveries for accuracy, performing assigned tasks and errands to ensure the construction deadlines are met efficiently and with the highest quality. All members of the Koncept team are expected to respond timely to both internal and external communications while constantly re-evaluating the priority of the day’s tasks.
Experience and Education Requirements
- 5 years of on-site experience in Residential Contracting and Carpentry
- Experienced and able to support miscellaneous carpentry (blocking, casework, doors & hardware, toilet partitions & accessories, fire extinguishers, etc.)
- Computer literacy – Proficient using computers, mobile devices and software programs in day-to-day activities including email and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working from and understanding construction specifications and drawings
- Experience building professional relationships and customer service for clients, sub-contractors and vendors.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Must be able to multi-task, be hands on when needed, and work well with others.
- Strong knowledge of safety precautions in the workplace, building construction processes and procedures, equipment, tools and materials.
- Ability to work under extreme hot or cold weather conditions with extreme dust and dirt.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record is a must. Must be able to pass a background check including driving record, drug and criminal for employment
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Prefer, but not required
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification.
- Certifications in OSHA 30 hour, Construction Quality Management (CQM-C) Training, First Aid and CPR.
- High School degree or equivalency required
- Reliable tool friendly vehicle, a truck is desirable.
- Basic hand and power tools to perform punch list tasks.
Compensation for the position:
- Includes a competitive base salary, paid holidays and eligibility for vacation (after 90 days), telephone and a vehicle allowance.
- Annual Salary $23 – $27/hour