The Production Coordinator is full time position that reports directly to the President. The Production Coordinator’s mission is to detail and spec out approved designs, coordinate communications within the team, the clients and the vendors and proactively anticipate or identify problems that could delay construction while promoting and instilling the Company’s values into the day to day work.
The ideal candidate will be managing multiple projects without compromising the quality of the finished product will include phases of pre-construction such as: the financial/profitability projection, material decisions and client communications, supporting the project manager hand off and during projects with trade scheduling, ensuring all parties are working to assure quality and serve as the primary client contact on all projects.
Additional duties will involve working with the President to perform estimation and project budget development, material take-offs, ordering materials, scheduling vendor deliveries, preparing all phases of construction with the highest level of quality and contributing to meeting budget and time targets for project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the details of each project including; material ordering/delivery, project schedules and progress reporting, proposal tracking, documentation and reporting of job costs.
- Result oriented project motivation – on-time, on budget, with an eye towards zero defects.
- Professional client communications (written and verbal) throughout life of the project.
- Maintaining a high level of client satisfaction in all interactions.
- Professional experience of residential construction knowledge to include electrical, plumbing, carpentry, hardwood, carpet, tile, and painting.
- Proactive planning experience required.
- Support project managers and President as required such as schedule inspections or trade communications.
- Support our sales process to assist in research and quote collection required to quote a project.
- Assemble change orders, work with President on pricing, and then presenting them to the client for execution.
- Taking ownership of our process to meet our quality control, employee and subcontractor performance requirements, formal client communications, etc.
- Coordinating showroom visits with clients.
- Ensure clients needs are being met and making sure all communication is occurring between office, field and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Uploaded project details to Builder Trend Software.
- Working with Field team to systemize the Build Trend Software into the Company.
- Help resolve any jurisdiction issues that relate to building permits.
- Keep and facilitate weekly agenda of project statuses.
- 5+ years of residential construction production coordination experience.
- 5+ years of working on projects including financial and operational responsibilities.
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Sales experience – preferred but not required
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, project management software’s and smartphone.
- Proactive planner with strong problem aversion processes.
- Must be able to pass a background check including driving record, drug and criminal.
- We prefer candidates that reside in Northern VA and surrounding areas of the DMV.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification.
- Certifications in OSHA 30 hour, Construction Quality Management (CQM-C) Training, First Aid and CPR.
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited University.
- Reliable vehicle, a truck is helpful.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish.
Compensation for the position:
- Annual base salary $60,000 (Negotiable based on experience), bonuses, paid holidays, telephone allowance, vehicle allowance.
When applying for this position please do the following:
- Email a resume in Word or PDF format showing the details of your experience to Ken@KonceptDB.com. Refer to your specific work experience as well as well as your trade skills. Please include your address, phone number and email. We are only accepting applicants via email. No phone calls please.