Koncept Design + Build is Northern Virginia’s premier builder of fully customized homes. Our team has worked with countless families throughout Northern Virginia to craft dream homes to their exact aesthetic and design tastes. Whether you’re seeking a functional space that fits your lifestyle, a tasteful take on a traditional look, or an elegantly modern design, Koncept Design + Build makes your family’s ultimate satisfaction our top priority.
New Home Construction
With a individualized approach to design and a thoroughly planned construction process, Koncept Design + Build approaches each new home from a fresh place. Our craftsmanship is poured into every inch of your new home, from kitchen installations to natural lighting, flooring to moulding. Take a look at our online portfolio—there is no cookie cutter approach to construction here at Koncept. When working with our team, you can rest assured that your family’s new home will be truly that: uniquely your family’s own.
Virginia General Contractor
Koncept Design + Build extends our general contracting services through all stages of the home building process. Whether we’ve crafted beautiful home plans with you, or whether you’ve retained plans from someone else, we will ensure the construction of your home project is rendered expertly, efficiently, and on-time.
We work with subcontractors we trust, with craftsmen whose workmanship is skilled, experienced, and precise. Combining our artistry and devotion to your vision with the expertise and professionalism of our subcontractors, we will construct a beautiful home in a timely and respectful manner.
Our Residential Construction Process
Stage 1: Selection Process
This meeting is held once pricing drawings have been received and is set to review all the items and options the client wishes to see in the construction budget. If drawings and specifications are coming from an outside source, it is also a time when we will coordinate with the Designer and/or Architect to clarify any concerning items.
- Finalize any additional design changes and/or updates to drawings
- Review and complete selections checklist
- Meet with designer to determine specific design features, selections, and finishes
- Review scheduling time frames for construction activities
- Establish the client’s time frame for project completion
- Provide support to retrieve permit revisions to prevent job delays
- Coordinate and submit progression survey for project, including wall checks and final surveys
Home Construction Stages
Stage 2: Project Start-Up
This meeting is held Prior to the start of construction and is set as a review of the client selections, review plans and features. This is also the time for the client to meet the field team and discuss the next steps in the construction process.
- On-site preconstruction meeting with client, project designer, and field superintendent
- Review of daily activities performed (clean-up, noise,etiquette, occupancy, etc.)
- Walk client through scope of work reflected in construction documents
Stage 3: Selection Confirmation/Pre-Drywall
This meeting is held prior to walls being closed in and the drywall is hung. We like to give our clients the opportunity to see behind the walls, review features and specs and to make any applicable changes. We will also review all the locations of the electrical, plumbing and mechanical work to confirm locations and make applicable changes.
- Review of finish selections and Showroom visits (if required by client)
- Pre-drywall site walk to verify layouts and all trade work has been completed per drawings
- Evaluate client’s satisfaction and address and problems and/or concerns
Stage 4: Project Completion
This meeting is held at the completion of the project. An Orientation Walk is our time to shine and it’s our opportunity to show off your new home. During the walk through you will be shown all the features, functions, warranties and homeowner responsibilities that are a part of your new home.
- Substantial completion site walk with client to generate remaining work punch list
- Final meeting on site to give client an orientation of new products and features
- 90 day check up review, followed by a punch list walk after a full seasonal cycle (typically 1 year)